Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I remember when my girls were young, I would look longingly through a catalog that featured cedar swing sets with all kinds of features....or I would explore the variety of lovely outdoor play houses some even bedecked with Victorian trim. We were not in the position to make such an extravagant expense - and looking back I am so glad.

Instead the children have found their favorite places to explore, play, and create for themselves. The large pines that line our property have become a house over the years complete with a kitchen, living room, bedrooms etc... The pines also provide ample climbing opportunities to heights much higher than any built towers.

They have created their own seesaws out of stumps and long planks of wood. In fact the only out door play space we have constructed is a large sandbox.

And the latest creation?

Using the beam that supports Mama's air chair my 10 year-old took a rope, a plank of wood, and a blanket and created a swing of their own- as you can see.....

No comments: