Tuesday, March 18, 2008


There has certainly been a lot happening here in the Grove since the Eve of St. Nicholas but I thought I would share how the pattern for St. Nicholas looks when transformed into St. Patrick -

I made this figure while sitting with Katie in the hospital last year on St. Patrick's day while she was recovering from her appendectomy - having something to do with my hands was very soothing and St. Patrick certainly cheered up the room when he was done.

This year I found three different varieties of Shamrocks at a local Springfest event held at our county fairgrounds - I am hoping that St. Patrick won't mind that were actually grown in Canada! The little ring of stones calls to mind the kindling of the fire in our story "St. Patrick at Tara" as well as the Trinity.

2 comments:

Sweetness and Light said...

I love how your St. Patrick turned out!! Happy Holy Week and Easter!

molly said...

This is great, I have to remember to make St Patrick next year.