Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Holy House

I first heard about the Holy House of Loreto at a the CHAPLET homeschool conference years ago. Fr. Ronan Murphy spoke about "The Family" - the Holy Family being the example of Holiness for all families. He also told of one of his greatest gifts as a priest was when he offered Holy Mass at the Holy House of Loreto. This year I put together a little Holy House for our House - I hope it's little light will help remind us to make our home more like that little home where our Lord grew up.


I found this Christmas tea light lantern pattern - a little glitter - some tissue paper for the windows - and a small cut out of Our Lady and Child from an old Christmas card and I had our the little house
Then I took some very simple wool angels and a bit of silver ribbon and hung everything from a wooden arch that I saved from an old mobile. You could also use a small wreath on the horizontal and add two more angels (one for each corner) - which I might do for a future house.
I used a hot glue gun to attach the ribbon to the house and to the arch to make sure it was secure.

I would enlarge the lantern pattern next time - I managed to make it a little bigger on the computer but I really needed to get to a copy machine.

Here are a couple of posts I've enjoyed related to the day from....

Cottage Blessings

and...

Under Her Starry Mantle

Anyone else? Please leave a link in the comments section!

3 comments:

Alice Gunther said...

Your Holy House is absolutely beautiful!

Thank you for the very kind link!

And Happy Advent!

Anne (aussieannie) said...

I love what you have done...we have never made something for this feast that we love so much, but I know what I must do with the children next year.

Thanks for sharing my link as well!

Sarah said...

This looks so lovely, what a nice idea!