Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Happy Distraction

There is one warning I would give to anyone who takes up the tradition of giving a Tree to the Birds - it is so very hard to pull yourself away from marveling at these lovely winged wonders.


You wait and watch, wondering who will land next...a chickadee, a titmouse...oh my goodness the goldfinches have found the tree!

You watch the comings and goings of the birds; the hopping from branch to branch.  You see the delighted faces of your children watching too.  The next item on the to-do list can wait a few moments longer - but trust me - it is time well spent.  If you don't believe me, just ask our cats!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog recently.
I like your tree-for-the-birds idea, I might do this next year when my daughter is old enough to enjoy it. Down south where Christmas happens in summer there's not so much need to bring greenery into the house...