Monday, December 14, 2009

Advent Outdoor Hour

The children have been getting out much more than I have.   I have discovered that I am a complete wimp when it comes cold yucky weather.  I'm working on it.  But when the weather does give me a bit of incentive,  I have been enjoying getting outside. 


Hannah discovered some old rock walls way up on a piece of property that is not far from us.   The land was purchased by the state and now adjoins a larger state park.  It is a hike up a very large hill - mental note to self to get further definition of "well it's a little ways up there" from dear daugther before venturing on a hike with her.  But we found the walls - remains of some castle for sure according to the boys. 

I do love where we live.


And I do love my beautiful young naturalist daughter (even if she does nearly kill me on a "short" hike).


No comments: